I sighed in nostalgia at the sound of the victory chant coming from the warriors returning from the battle field:
The sweet memories of yesteryears flooded my heart when I recall those good old days when I used to be part of the valiant warriors, and most importantly, the commander of a battalion of soldiers.
I used to be the most celebrated warrior because of my resounding success stories.
Regrettably now, all those success stories are nothing but mere history, because I’m a leper!
I remember those days when I used to stand tall and proud as I issue out orders to my subordinates who always tremble at my presence…
All of that now is nothing but mere history just because of I’m a leper!
‘How do I redeem my lost glories?’ I lamented.
All I got daily from my relatives and friends were nothing but mere sympathy.
One evening, while I was relaxing on the couch in my room, lost in thought as usual, I heard a knock at my door.
‘Who is it?’ I asked in a husky voice; the kind that you hear each time I’m brooding over any issue.
‘Sir, it’s me Caroline,’ My wife’s little house-help responded.
‘Come in!’ I ordered.
The little girl wobbled into my room as though someone pushed her in.
‘Yes, what is it Caroline?’
‘Sir… I have a piece of good news… for you,’ she stammered.
My once crumpled face straightened up instantly.
‘What’s this good news all about?’ my voice toned down.
‘Sir, there is a powerful man; the servant of the most high God in my home country. He has the power to cleanse you of your skin disease.’
‘Are you sure of what you are saying?’ I asked as a mixture of doubt and faith competed for space. ‘are you really sure?’ I repeated.
‘Very sure,’ she responded confidently.
‘How much does he charge?’ my desperation soared.
‘It’s free, sir.’
The following morning, I stood face to face with this powerful servant of the most High God.
‘Go wash in the river of Jordan!’ he ordered.
‘No!’ I declined, ‘I cannot wash myself in that dirty water; I beseech you man of God let me wash myself in the clean river close to my house; please.’
‘If it is not river Jordan, then forget your healing,’ the man of God insisted.
I remained adamant but after much persuasions from my friends, I succumbed to the seemingly impossible task. I obeyed the master and washed myself in the dirty river Jordan.
Miraculously, I became totally cleansed!
Now, I make bold to ask you this question:
Have you had your bath?
Have you been to Jesus for His cleansing power?
Sin in the life of a man is worse than leprosy.
The wages of sin is death.
No other liquid can cleanse the sins of mankind
Other than the blood of our Lord Jesus Christ.
Why not come to Jesus today for the cleansing power in His blood?
Inspiration from the Bible (2 Kings 5:1-14) Please ensure you check out the Bible passage above.
Steps to Salvation:
- Admit: admit that you are sinner. ‘For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.’ (Romans 3:23)
- Believe: believe that God loves you by sending His son to pay the price. ‘But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.’ (Romans 5:8)
- Confess: confess that you cannot live a righteous life. ‘For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. (Romans 7:19)
- Repent: turn away from your evil ways through confession and forsake them. ‘If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.’ (1 John 1:9)
- Invite: invite Jesus into your life through the prayer of faith. ‘Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.’ (Revelation 3:20)
‘Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.’ (John 14:6).