I had heard about His numerous miracles,
In fact, I had heard so much about Him.
For He is no one but the king of kings,
And the Lord of Lords.
All through His ministry on earth,
I had every opportunity to get very close to Him – I mean, just like His disciples were.
But I never did – I chose to remain anonymous.
Nobody ever guessed that I was one of His disciples,
But how would they know, have I not made myself invisible?
I boiled in rage when I heard His disciples deserted Him when He stood on trial.
‘Bunch of cowards!’ I mocked.
But then shame engulfed me when I realized that I too was guilty.
I was guilty of the same offence.
Finally, when the news of His death got to me,
The scales suddenly fell off my eyes.
Then with great boldness I walked straight to king Pilate to demand for His body.
I buried Him in the tomb in which no man had ever laid.
This I did to show but a little of much delayed appreciation.
If only I had profess my love to Him openly before His death.
If only I had left my comfortable abode at Arimathea just to be with Him in Galilee.
Then nobody would have addressed me as Joseph of Arimathea.
Though He is no longer present physically, but His spirit is everywhere.
Do you want to identify with Him openly or to be just His secret admirer?
The choice is yours.
For His word says in the book of Matt 10:33 ‘But whoever denies me before men, him I will also deny before my father who is in heaven.’
Steps to Salvation:
• Admit: admit that you are sinner. ‘For all have sinned, and come short of the glory of God.’ (Romans 3:23)
• Believe: believe that God loves you by sending His son to pay the price. ‘But God commendeth his love towards us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.’ (Romans 5:8)
• Confess: confess that you cannot live a righteous life. ‘For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do. (Romans 7:19)
• Repent: turn away from your evil ways through confession and forsake them. ‘If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.’ (1 John 1:9)
• Invite: invite Jesus into your life through the prayer of faith. ‘Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.’ (Revelation 3:20)